Are you scaling up your business structure? Is your current eCommerce platform having some issues with your new customizations? Is your sales revenue way above your current projections?
If you’re in such a situation, you may need to switch to another eCommerce platform or it is high time for you to upgrade to an enterprise eCommerce solutions provider.
A growing business like yours will be more difficult to handle and manage using a lower-tier eCommerce platform, even if that solutions provider is an open source platform. The big demand to increase allocations for bandwidth to address the increasing website traffic will only be solved by upgrading to an enterprise eCommerce platform. This goes the same for a bigger database when your customer base is rapidly increasing in number and as well as adding more products in your website store. With each metric that is added to your website store, the need for a more capable and bigger platform also increases.
Think of it as a worthy investment, a future-proofing method to ensure that as your business grows, so does the systems and infrastructures that support it.
That being said, let’s take a closer look at some of the things that you can expect to enjoy moving forward with an enterprise eCommerce solutions provider.
- Competitive Edge
Be ahead of your competition. In any business setting, success always boils down to how well you sell your products to your customers. Even if you don’t have a competitive and quality product line, but if you have a marketing plan that is properly implemented, your success is always assured against your competitors.
However, having a limited platform to implement your marketing plans absolutely would not cut it. If you want to be ahead in the competition, you need to upgrade to an enterprise eCommerce solutions provider.
With an enterprise-level ecommerce platform, you will have a valuable competitive edge against your current competitors.
- You’ll be able to market your products to more channels.
- You will be able to compete in a much larger market size in different regions across the globe and in different languages.
- You will be able to enjoy the assistance from professional support groups.
- You will be able to focus your time on the more pressing issues in your website store rather than spending it to micro-manage each aspect of your business.
- Improved Security and Fraud Detection
If your eCommerce business is rapidly moving to an upward trajectory, it could only mean one thing – your customer base is also increasing. With the increase in the number of customers visiting, and making payments in your website store, security is also becoming an issue. In fact, according to recent studies, around 30,000 websites are being hacked every single day.
Of course, you don’t want your growing business to be breached and all your hard-work and investments be gone in just a single day!
What you need is an upgrade to an enterprise eCommerce solutions provider. With an enterprise level platform, your business will be under the protection of a PCI-Compliant certified solutions provider. This is the same level of security that is implemented in banks to secure sensitive data for their customers.
Your customers can enjoy risk-free transactions in your website store without shying away from major payment platforms using their sensitive credit or debit card information, once a proven security mechanism is in place.
- Wider Access to Experts and Professionals
With an enterprise eCommerce solutions platform, your website store will not be alone anymore. Any issues and technical pitfalls that you may encounter in handling different aspects of your eCommerce website will be quicker to resolve because a flourishing community of experts and professionals are always there to help you. In fact, big names in the eCommerce industry such as Shopify, Volusion, Demandware, and Magento has each their own support system to offer.
An enterprise ecommerce solutions platform also provides a designated professional expert per client. They’re usually called merchant success managers because they focus on improving every aspect in your website store that can greatly influence and increase your profit in a short period of time.
Some Big Names in the Enterprise eCommerce Market
- Magento – One of the widely popular ecommerce solutions providers because of its open source platform that allows developers and designers to implement unlimited customizations in a website store. It also boasts a large collection of extensions and applications that improve the core features and functions of the platform, depending on your needs and preferences.
- Shopify Plus – A cloud-based ecommerce solutions provider unlike the open source platform of Magento. As a SaaS platform or Software as a Service, Shopify Plus can host your website in the cloud so you don’t have to worry about building an expensive infrastructure for your servers. Its popularity also stems from its focus on aesthetic designs and its user-friendly interface.
- Demandware – The rather new name in the enterprise eCommerce market, but with a ton of innovations and functions that you can choose from. Quite expensive because of its unique function and probably the only one in the industry wherein you can either use the platform as a framework to build your website (something like Magento’s open source platform) from scratch or use its available partners to do all the technical stuff for you (similar to Shopify Plus in a way that it works like a SaaS platform).
- Mozu – Relatively new in the market, but its platform is powered by Volusion’s technology, which has been in the eCommerce industry for more than a decade now.
Grow Your Business Now!
Now is the high time to grow your business with an enterprise eCommerce solutions provider. With an industry that is currently replete with a lot of options, you won’t have to limit yourself and your business goals in a single platform. The days of your basic ecommerce platform are numbered and it’s a rather good thing.
The next thing you need to do is research the best enterprise eCommerce platform that offers the best available features and functions that align with your current business needs and goals. More does not necessarily mean better, so choosing the best enterprise eCommerce solutions provider would always depend on what you need, and not merely on how many features and functions a platform offers.